- Matchday 2 in South American qualifying for Qatar 2022 unfolds today
- Argentina face tricky test in Bolivia as Peru host Brazil
- FIFA.com brings you updates throughout the day
South American qualifying for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ continues today with a full slate of fixtures. Winners on Matchday 1, Argentina travel to the high altitude of La Paz for a meeting with Bolivia, who were beaten comprehensively by Brazil four days ago. Ecuador, who lost to Argentina on Matchday 1, host Uruguay, and Venezuela and Paraguay, neither of whom started out with victory, lock horns.
In the only match to feature teams that both qualified for Russia 2018, Peru host Brazil, while the day concludes with an intriguing tie between Chile and Colombia.
Starting XIs in
Did you know?
- The last time Bolivia hosted Argentina in World Cup qualifying they defeated La Albiceleste 2-0 on 28 March 2017 on the road to Russia 2018 — that was also Argentina’s last defeat in World Cup qualifying
- Both encounters between Ecuador and Uruguay in Russia 2018 qualifying ended as 2-1 results.
- Venezuela are the only CONMEBOL nation yet to qualify for the World Cup.
- Peru’s appearance at Russia 2018 was their first World Cup participation since Spain 1982.
- Chile and Colombia’s match is the only fixture of Matchday 2 to feature two teams in the top 20 on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.